What Have You Played Lately? | Casual Game Revolution

What Have You Played Lately?

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
bookwyrmm's picture
What Have You Played Lately?

My husband and I just played Ticket to Ride.   We got it for Christmas and just now had time to sit and figure it out.  Very fun once we started playing.

Jay Sluyter
Jay Sluyter's picture

I agree, Ticket to Ride is a blast.

bookwyrmm's picture

I've been playing a lot of Lost Cities on Happy Meeple.  I think I'll have to get the non-virtual game.

Played some Cards Against Humanity over Labor Day.

J. Riddell
Jay Sluyter's picture

Been loving Takenoko lately and we're playing Las Vegas all the time.

IncHulkFan's picture

The last couple of games I have played were Zombicide and the Pathfinder Card Game.  I have a big stack of games I'm hoping to get to the table soon.  Maybe I'll have an update after the weekend!

bookwyrmm's picture

Hanging out at Archon this weekend playing Smallworld and Cards Against to kill time between panels.

Michael
Jay Sluyter's picture

I'm always playing a lot of Pathfinder card game, Innovation, and Summoner Wars.  Guess you can tell I like cards...  :)

Satya's picture

If you like card games for two : try out a game of settlers of Catan, Haggis or Coloretto.

lucasmaxi
Jay Sluyter's picture

The games I played the last two weeks were The Resistance, Say Anything! and Tsuro of the Seas.

We had a blast playing Say Anything after dinner with friends, lots of laughs, great times. Some of the answers were incredible, and the questions ranged from silly to insightful from card to card. 

I had higher hopes for Tsuro of the Seas. It just didn't deliver as much fun as I had hoped. Players can get eliminated too early in the game, and just sit there until a new game begins, which wasn't cool for a couple of my friends. Also, the daikaiju are too random, and moving them through the board feels fiddly and bureaucratic. They introduce a lot of rules to an otherwise very simple casual game. I am willing to give the game another opportunity, maybe it will perform much better next time.

Urutsini
Jay Sluyter's picture

On Saturday, we had a casual game day and played Seven Dragons from Looney Labs, Mascarade, Coup, Puerto Rico, Gnostica, Takenoko, Dixit, Are You The Traitor? and Inn Fighting. Last week in our serious gaming sessions, we played Chaos in the Old World, Elder Sign and Mage Knight. This week we're playing Battlestar Gallactica and another round of Chaos.

bookwyrmm's picture

Last night we ended up playing games instead of watching movies at our Scary Movie Halloween party.  We played Poo and Snake Oil. 

bookwyrmm's picture

Just tried Dungeon Roll.  Think I like it best as a single player.

Jason Lees
Jay Sluyter's picture

I just played a prototype copy of slash: romance without boundaries. It's a hilarious and nerdy Apples-to-Apples style game. I really had fun, and it's on Kickstarter, now: http://kck.st/HIsKcb  I'm not associated with the company, but I ran into one of the owners, and he gave me a copy to try.

bookwyrmm's picture

Just got home from my friends' game night.  We played Cards Against Humanity, Avalon, Munchkin Impossible, and 10 Days in Europe.  We left as they were attempting to start Mage Knight The Board Game, which definitely was not casual.

J. Riddell
Jay Sluyter's picture

Just played Love Letter and Inkognito this weekend and helped others get through games of Takenoko and Quandary (the wonderfully overproduced 1994 version of Botswana). I'd recommend all of these as fun casual games with perhaps Inkognito being the most difficult to pick up, but the concept of having a partner that you have discover through the course of the game is so unique I just had to get my hands on it.

bookwyrmm's picture

Went to a board game party at my friend's over the weekend.  After a nice game of Ticket to Ride, we delved into what is definitely the complete opposite of causal - Game of Thrones.

shallowz's picture

catan

Derek Carpenter
Jay Sluyter's picture

I actually enjoy Dominion. We have the base set and a few of the expansions and that keeps my family happy for the most part. We also enjoy King of Tokyo!

Jonathan Nelson
Jay Sluyter's picture

I recently played Tower of Babel.  Great game that's fast to play.

charlie's picture

Top 3 games in our family lately have been Monopoly Millionaire Deal, For Sale, and Incan Gold. All fit nicely into smaller chunks of time when homework and school activities dominate the family schedule.

Naomi Laeuchli's picture

I've been playing a lot of Mice and Mystics, as well as Forbidden Desert.

Agree with Derek, Dominion is fun! I'm terrible at it and always lose but I still quite enjoy it.

I played someone's copy of Fantastiqa over Christmas and fell in love with it. Beautiful artwork, and the peaceful dragon is easily my favorite card in any board game I've ever played.

bookwyrmm's picture

Just played A Game for Good Christians over the weekend.

Derek Carpenter
Jay Sluyter's picture

Dominion always seems to be the winner for hitting our table.

Jay Sluyter's picture

Played Kings under Mountains Sunday afternoon.  Looking forward to playing Corporate America tonight.

Add new comment