What is your favorite game mechanic? | Casual Game Revolution

What is your favorite game mechanic?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
jnelson's picture
What is your favorite game mechanic?

I really like worker placement and deck building.  If I could find a game that combined both of these with a great theme, I'd be in Heaven.

J. Riddell
J. Riddell's picture

Worker Placement, but I also love a good dice roller.

Naomi Laeuchli's picture

Secret roles! I love a good traitor game.

Sean's picture

Oh man, that's a tough question!

Although, I find that I actually like games that have a combination of mechanics, something that allows players a variety in the game. 

Right now, I really like dice rolling--I love the tactility of the dice, and I like having a sense of randomness. But I also like a more strategic game, even if it's not too "deep"--I love Hive in that sense... yes the arguments around first turn advantage are there, but I don't play it competitively, and I find it fast and fun!

Another mechanic that I love a lot is the "bidding" mechanic. I recently dusted Tikal off and played it with the bidding mechanic for the hexes, and I thought that was a clever way to determine the order of play each round.  

So there's my waffling answer--- ALL THE MECHANICS! heh. 

Ideally, in a unique combination. 

In 2014, Manmin members smiled and laughed a lot, and sometimes shed lots of tears because they realized how the shepherd had sacrificed himself for them. Bless and power of God in abundance. Visit http://www.manminnews.com/ Second Coming of Jesus Christ is in a short time.
Tournament Gamer's picture

I like worker placement and deck building.

Nancy's picture

i like traitor games..

regards

Nancy

worked @vbuycars, providing Cash For Cars.

J. Riddell's picture

My favorite game mechanic is the "branching narrative," where the story's direction and outcome change based on the player's choices. This mechanic is fascinating because it provides a personalized gaming experience, encourages players to think critically about their decisions, and often adds replay value to the game, as players can explore different story paths and endings based on their choices. It's commonly seen in role-playing games and interactive storytelling games.

My favorite game mechanic is the "branching narrative," where the story's direction and outcome change based on the player's choices. This mechanic is fascinating because it provides a personalized gaming experience, encourages players to think critically about their decisions, and often adds replay value to the game, as players can explore different story paths and endings based on their choices. It's commonly seen in role-playing games and interactive storytelling games.

Add new comment