Favourite secret role game? | Casual Game Revolution

Favourite secret role game?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Urutsini's picture
Favourite secret role game?

The last couple of years has seen the rise of secret role games. What's your favourite?

I love the simplicity and relaxed nature of the classic Werewolf, but it's only really suited to parties. I do like Resistance but it's very intense. More casually, I'm enjoying Coup, Mascarade and Love Letter. And for a really balanced and strategic game, you can't go past Citadels.

Daniel
Daniel's picture

I recently got to play Coup. I love you fast gameplay and the overall simplicity of it. Although for the first few rounds I didn't quite understand how the bluffing worked haha. It was my first hidden role game though. Definitely gonna purchase this one.

Chris James's picture
Site Admin

A lot of people enjoy Bang! There is also Bang! The Dice Game which will hopefully be hitting our table this week for evaluation. Seems like a decent game.

bookwyrmm's picture

If you are looking for a microgame, Wherefore Art Thou Romeo is a quick and fun Werewolf-type game.

Naomi Laeuchli's picture

I agree about Wherefore Art Thou Romeo. I backed it on Kickstarter, so I could give it to my sister as a little bonus Christmas gift, while I didn't actually get to play it before she left, I thought it looked like a lot of fun (plus I enjoyed the art). I also like Shadows Over Camelot: The Card Game. It doesn't quite capture the spirit of the board game, but it's fun, quick and pretty simple.

Add new comment